GCS Gives Back
GCS’ SMALL TOWN ROOTS RUN DEEP
Born and raised in a small town, our President has grown his empire across Western Canada, but his generosity and sense of community hold strong. GCS Energy Services Ltd. takes great pride in giving back to the communities we live and work in. Giving back to communities that have fostered the growth and success of our company, is just a small way we can say thanks.
SOME OF THE CLUBS, ORGANIZATIONS, AND EVENTS GCS SUPPORTS ARE:
- Allan Johnstone School
- Battle River Ride for Stars
- Central Alberta Women’s Shelter
- Elks of Canada
- Hardisty Agricultural Society
- Hardisty Arena Foundation Repair & Retrofit
- Hardisty Arena Management Board
- Hardisty Golf Course & Curling Club’s Annual Slice N’ Ice Fundraiser
- Hardisty Golf Course Upgrades
- Hardisty Handi-van Society
- Hardisty Lake United Church Camp
- Hardisty Rodeo’s Association Spring Fling Fundraiser
- Hardisty St. Paul’s United Church
- Hardisty Stampeders Battle River Hockey League
- Hardisty Toddlers Inn Playschool
- Irma Ace’s Female Hockey Bantam Team
- Jeff Hendrick’s Memorial Scholarship
- Little Warriors
- Royal Purple
- Sedgewick Lion’s Club Christmas Gala
- Team Jennifer Jones Sponsorship (FEATURED)
- The ALS Society of Alberta
- The Canadian Cancer Society
- The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer
- The Mustard Seed
- The United Way of Central Alberta
- Various Men’s and Ladies Curling Bonspiels
- Various Men’s and Ladies Golf Tournaments
- Virden and Hardisty annual rodeo
- Virden Oil Capitals Minor Hockey Sponsor
- Virden Oil Caps Rookie of the Year
- Virden Sportman’s Dinner
- Wainwright Torpedoes
FEEL GOOD STORIES
- Fort Mac Fire Relief 2016
When the forest fires struck Northern Alberta in 2016, GCS was devastated by the flames that engulfed Fort McMurray and surrounding areas. The places where we had active job sites– where many of our employees worked, lived, and had loved ones; all displaced by Mother Nature, and without the necessities of life. GCS knew we had to do our part, so we stocked a Sea-Can full of food, water and hygiene products, and trucked it to Lac La Biche for those in need.
- Christmas Cheer 2016
GCS chose Ronald McDonald Charity House and Gifts for Grandparents in effort to spread holiday cheer to those who need it most at this time of year. President, Greg Schmidt, graciously matched all employee donations and we were able to purchase a significant number of gifts and supplies.
- 4H Clubs in Western Canada
For over 100 years, 4-H has been one of the most highly respected youth organizations in Canada, empowering our youth to become skilled, engaged, and responsible leaders that learn to contribute to the world around them. GCS purchases steers annually to help support these local clubs and children.
- Movember Canada
Our team, Mega-Stache, raised $14,244 and ranked #157 in the country in 2013, for the most money raised. This money will help raise awareness for men’s health issues and help in the fight against prostate cancer. GCS continues to support this cause annually.
- Sockey Night in Red Deer
A $2500 contribution turned into countless socks thrown onto the ice during a Red Deer Rebels home game. The socks were then donated to local agencies helping the homeless.
- Team Jones Curling Season 2015-2016
GCS sponsored Team Jones for the 2015-2016 curling season. Team jones includes: Jennifer Jones (Skip), Kaitlyn Lawes (Third), Jill Officer (Second), Dawn McEwen (Lead). They proudly won Gold at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- NAIT Capital Campaign
We are proud to continuously hire graduates and alumni from NAIT’s Civil Engineering Technology (CET) Program. GCS Energy Services Ltd. contributed $50,000 to support the institution’s New Capital Campaign.
- 20 Goals for Gold
$20,000 was donated to the Hardisty Stampeders BRHL hockey team, for successfully scoring 20 home-town playoff goals, worth $1000 each. 50% of the earnings was shared with the Hardisty Arena Management Board. This will help keep hockey and other recreational ice sports in Hardisty!