Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician
Are you a Heavy-Duty Mechanic interested in working in a fun, clean and rewarding environment? GCS Energy Services is looking for an outgoing Journeyman to join our team Red Deer. This is a full-time opportunity working on late model and new model Heavy equipment. (Hyundai, Deere, Cat, Bell, Bomag, and Hitachi brand Excavators, Dozers, Loaders, Rock Trucks, Packers and more) in a shop and rotational field application .
GCS Energy Services Ltd. Is a privately owned Canadian industrial contractor committed to providing clients with the best possible quality of construction in a safe and efficient manner. From a single backhoe, loader, and tandem gravel truck, to one of western Canada’s largest and fastest growing industrial contractors, GCS Energy Services Ltd. is small enough to listen, and big enough to deliver. Our specialties include electrical and civil contracting, custom crushing, and an extensive heavy equipment rental division. Our goal is to provide quality service safely and efficiently, on time and on budget.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Ensure that all mechanical work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated requirements.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Work with apprentices teaching them safe and proper procedures of the job.
- Complete in-shop repair orders.
- Interpret Service Request Forms and technical manuals.
- Comply with applicable safe work practices and procedures.
- Perform at-the-jobsite servicing and repair of dozers, graders, excavators, rock trucks and other industrial construction heavy equipment.
Certification and Skill Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid Journeyman or Red Seal Certification.
- Mechanical ability and an interest in all types of machinery and engines, electronics and precision equipment.
- Computer knowledge (to use service software).
- All GCS workers are subject to pre-access drug & alcohol testing and must adhere to the Drug & Alcohol Policy during employment.
- Candidates must live in or within daily driving distance of Red Deer, AB.
Quality is our Commitment, Safety is our Way of Life, Diversity is our Vision.
GCS offers competitive wages, benefits, and respect for every employee. Our progressive, team-focused company culture is something you will want to experience.