GCS Energy Services Ltd. is a large industrial contractor committed to providing quality construction safely. With offices in Red Deer, Hardisty, and now the booming Bakken oil play zone of Virden Manitoba, GCS offers diverse services for large and small projects. Backed by an outstanding commitment to safety, along with extensive experience, our specialties include General Contracting, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Custom Gravel Crushing, Road, Lease and Pipeline construction.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Work Location: Various jobsites (AB & BC). Workers must be able/willing to transfer to other jobsites as site needs change and have own transportation to do so.
Wage: Varies depending on level of equipment operation competency. Overtime at time and a half, paid per Labor Standards.
Work Shift: Usually 10 days on 4 days off with 10 to 12 hours per day. Shifts may vary by jobsite.
Living Allowance: Paid for jobsites that are more than 100 km from the worker’s permanent address.
Job Description: The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the operating of heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner. Must be familiar and comply with company policies, rules, procedures and guidelines, as per company Health and Safety manual and other applicable legislation. The Heavy Equipment Operator will perform all tasks assigned by Supervision (foreman/supervisor) and will comply with applicable safe work practices and procedures. Other responsibilities include completing hazard identification cards, refueling equipment at end of each day, updating FLHA’s throughout the day, completion of ground disturbance and equipment checklists, reporting mechanical problems immediately, keeping machinery cabs clean, follow spotter’s direction, ensure use of the proper attachment for the job and assist other workers with ground-work including lifting, carrying, shoveling, etc. The heavy equipment operator is also responsible for completing general maintenance daily including but not limited to: fueling machine, greasing, shoveling tracks, changing attachments and checking all fluid levels and hoses.
Level 1 capabilities:
- Considered a Finisher in the operation of a dozer, track hoe or grader.
- Extensive experience interpreting grade plans and use of grade stakes in measuring the amount of earth to be moved (if required).
Level 2 capabilities:
- Apprentice track-hoe, dozer or grader operator until deemed competent as a finisher by the supervisor.
- Interpret grade plans and use of grade stakes in measuring the amount of earth to be moved (if required).
Level 3 capabilities:
- Competent and capable in the operation of a skid steer, mini track hoe, loader and backhoe.
Level 4 capabilities:
- Competent and capable in the operation of a skid steer, water truck and rock truck.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Maintain a professional appearance, behavior and manner (demeanor)
- Be punctual, dependable and competent in one’s job
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think logically
- Willingness to learn and follow orders
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Respect for the machinery and fellow workers
- Finishing operator as deemed by supervisor. If not deemed competent within first week, the rate will be reduced to the appropriate amount.
- Proof of valid driver’s license required to receive truck allowance if offered for position.
- Previous knowledge and experience in civil works construction an asset.
- Must be deemed competent to operate equipment (competency card will be issued).
Valid certifications including (but not limited to):
- H2S Alive by Energy Safety Canada
- Ground Disturbance, Level II or 201 Standard
- CSTS 2020
Send your resume, applicable training tickets and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 403-342-2048. Visit www.gcsenergy.ca for more job postings and information. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quality is our Commitment, Safety is our Way of Life, Diversity is our Vision.