Heavy Equipment Operator
COME BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREAT!
GCS Energy Services is currently looking for SKILLED HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS.
GCS Energy Services Ltd. is a large industrial contractor committed to providing quality construction safely. With offices in Red Deer, Hardisty, and now the booming Bakken oil play zone of Virden Manitoba, GCS offers diverse services for large and small projects. Backed by an outstanding commitment to safety, along with extensive experience, our specialties include General Contracting, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Custom Gravel Crushing, Road, Lease and Pipeline construction.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits, and respect for every employee
- Our progressive, team-focused company culture is something you will want to experience
Our highly qualified civil core excels in earthworks from below ground and up. It is a key component in facilitating construction of industrial sites. Responsibilities include:
- Competent in the operation of GCS equipment according to company procedures including daily maintenance (fuel, grease, clean tracks, change attachments and maintain fluid levels)
- Completion of equipment checklists and ensuring proper documentation is in place prior to use of the equipment.
- Operators MUST have good written and verbal English skills, be able to hear instructions and see work activities/hazards. This is physical, outdoor work in a potentially dusty / noisy environment.
- May/will be required to perform laborer duties if/when necessary or as deemed by site supervisor.
- Previous knowledge and experience in civil works construction.
- MUST be able to pass a Pre-Access Drug & Alcohol test and adhere to Drug & Alcohol Policy throughout employment.
- Has exemplary attendance and a willingness to adapt to job shift changes.
- Able to competently operate equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting procedures.
Preference will be given to those with the following VALID SAFETY CERTIFICATES:
- CSTS 2020
- Ground Disturbance Level II or 201 Standard
- Standard First Aid with Level A or C-CPR
- H2S Alive (Energy Safety Canada)
Quality is our Commitment, Safety is our Way of Life, Diversity is our Vision.
If you would like to be considered as a candidate for this position, please submit your Resume.