ABOUT THE JOB:
The Project Manager is responsible for the execution of one or more civil projects in accordance with a valid, executed contract, company policies & procedures and work instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains the relationship between the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for the entire project and applies change management as required
- Provides cost reports, spend profiles and other costs status reports to project stakeholders and Project Management Team (PMT). Establishes and maintains a CBS to monitor budgets and other parameters for complete project scope based upon approved estimates
- Analyzes cost data, physical progress data and schedule data in order to calculate project cost forecasts
- Gathers timely and accurate incurred costs (value of work done) data from construction team, contractors and other associated groups in order to facilitate monthly accrual process
- Implements risk and contingency management procedures on the project and coordinates/reviews risk and contingency status with the PMT
- Assists in development of job function procedure with appropriate flow chart and work instructions and ensure stakeholders are aware of procedure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum CET designation with 3 years’ experience or Civil Engineering Degree
- Excellent English communication skills with good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Uses good decision-making skills and a willingness to accept responsibility for decisions made
- Valid driver’s license Able to travel and adhere to work schedule for the project duration
GCS offers great wages, benefits, and respect for every employee. Our progressive, team-focused company culture is something you will want to experience. Send your resume, applicable training tickets, and work references to email@example.com or fax 780-888-2100. Visit www.gcsenergy.ca for more job postings and information. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.