ABOUT THE JOB:
GCS is looking for experienced Pipelayers to work on an industrial oilfield job site. Preference will be given to those who already possess the required safety tickets.
Work Shift: 10 days on 4 days off with 10-12 hour days
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Laying and joining concrete, HDPE and PVC pipe and fittings for drains, sewers and watermains.
- Inspect piping.
- Rigging pipe for hoisting.
- Hand expose utilities.
- Cut and bevel pipe.
- Take grade shots, read grade stakes and cut grade using laser level.
- Shoot in grade levels with tripods and shot rods.
- Prepare and grade trenches manually with shovel or by working within close proximity of excavators operators.
- Complete backfill of piping using compactors, jumping jacks and plate tampers.
- Install manholes and pour concrete.
- Assist with testing the quality of product.
- Ensuring all work is completed within specifications and according to blueprints or building plans.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Be physically fit to perform manual labour in all types of environments and conditions.
- Able to pass Pre-Access Drug & Alcohol Test and adhere to Drug & Alcohol Policy throughout the duration of employment with GCS.
- Comfortable working around hot lines.
- Extensive experience operating a laser level.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract.
- Must have own transportation to get to/from job site.
- Must have good written and verbal English skills.
- Must have previous knowledge and experience in civil earthworks construction.
REQUIRED SAFETY TICKETS:
- Ground Disturbance Level 2 or 201 Standard
- CSTS 2020 plus 18 Add On Modules
- H2S Alive by Energy Safety Canada