GCS Energy Services Ltd. Is a privately owned Canadian industrial contractor committed to providing clients with the best possible quality of construction in a safe and efficient manner. From a single backhoe, loader, and tandem gravel truck, to one of western Canada’s largest and fastest growing industrial contractors, GCS Energy Services Ltd. is small enough to listen, and big enough to deliver. Our specialties include electrical and civil contracting, custom crushing, and an extensive heavy equipment rental division. Our goal is to provide quality service safely and efficiently, on time and on budget.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Work Location: Various jobsites (AB & BC). Workers must be able/willing to transfer to other jobsites as site needs change and have own transportation to do so.
Wage: Varies. Overtime at time and a half, paid per Labor Standards.
Work Shift: Usually 10 days on 4 days off with 10 to 12 hours per day. Shifts may vary by jobsite.
Living Allowance: Paid for jobsites that are more than 100 km from the worker’s permanent address.
Job Description: Performs all tasks of general, physical labor such as: shovel, rake, general housekeeping, erect traffic control, snow fence or barricade systems and perform site cleanup as assigned by site supervisor. Assists equipment operators to clean tracks and fuel/grease heavy equipment (dozer, hoe, grader, etc.). Operates plate tampers/jumping jacks and hand tools. Performs spotting duties for equipment and trucks according to training provided by GCS. Laborers MUST have good written and verbal English skills, be able to hear instructions and see work activities/hazards. This is physical, outdoor work in a potentially dusty/noisy environment.
- Must have valid certifications for:
- Ground Disturbance, Level II or 201 Standard
- H2S Alive by Energy Safety Canada
- CSTS 2020
- GCS will reimburse workers for the cost of these courses on the worker’s second full pay cheque provided the original receipts are submitted with a completed Expense Claim form, permanent certifications have been received by the EH&S Director and training was obtained within 3 months prior to hire or during active employment.
- Must complete a GCS orientation and any other additional training required by GCS or our client.
- All workers must pass a pre-access drug & alcohol test and adhere to drug & alcohol policy during employment.
- Must supply own fire retardant coveralls (Nomex 3A or equivalent material) and CSA approved steel-toed work-boots with 8 inch ankle support.
- Must provide valid government issued photo ID and a driver’s abstract. Must have own transportation to/from worker parking lot and at start/end of work-shift as company transportation to/from your home is not provided. Jobsites are not usually located within towns or cities so public transportation is not available. Please note: Living Allowance is paid to assist workers with the cost of living away from home. GCS pays wages and subsistence bi-weekly but the worker must be able to cover own expenses between/until scheduled pay days as pay advances are not available.
GCS offers great wages, benefits, and respect for every employee. Our progressive, team-focused company culture is something you will want to experience.
Send your resume, applicable training tickets and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 403-342-2048. Visit www.gcsenergy.ca for more job postings and information. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quality is our Commitment, Safety is our Way of Life, Diversity is our Vision.