ABOUT THE JOB:
Work Location: Various jobsites across the prairies. Workers must be able/willing to transfer to other jobsites as site needs change and have own transportation to do so
Wage: $22 per hour. Overtime at time and a half, paid per Labor Standards Work Shift: Usually 10 days on 4 days off with 10 to 12 hours per day. Shifts may vary by jobsite
Living Allowance: Paid for jobsites that are more than 100 km from the worker’s permanent address. Allowance ranges from $110 to $210 per work day. Camp jobs are not typically available
Job Description: Performs all tasks of general, physical labor such as: shovel, rake, general housekeeping, erect traffic control, snow fence or barricade systems and perform site cleanup as assigned by site supervisor. Assists equipment operators to clean tracks and fuel/grease heavy equipment (dozer, hoe, grader, etc.). Operates plate tampers/jumping jacks and hand tools. Performs spotting duties for equipment and trucks according to training provided by GCS. Laborers MUST have good written and verbal English skills, be able to hear instructions and see work activities/hazards. This is physical, outdoor work in a potentially dusty/noisy environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have valid certifications for:
- Ground Disturbance, 201 Standard
- Standard First Aid Level C CPR
- H2S Alive (ticket issued by Energy Safety Canada- formerly Enform)
- CSTS-09 training (Access provided by GCS)
- GCS will reimburse workers for the cost of these courses (except CSTS-09) on the worker’s second full pay cheque provided that original receipts are provided, permanent certifications have been received by the EH&S Director and training was obtained within 3 months prior to hire or during active employment
- Must attend full day orientation in Hardisty, AB prior to being assigned to the jobsite
- All workers must pass pre-access drug & alcohol testing at orientation and adhere to drug & alcohol policy during employment
- Must supply own fire retardant coveralls (Nomex 3A or equivalent material) and steel-toed CSA approved workboots with 8 inch ankle support
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract at orientation. Must have own transportation to/from worker parking and at start/end of workshift as company transportation to/from your home is not provided. Jobsites are not usually located within towns or cities, so public transportation is not available. Note that Living Allowance is paid to assist workers with the cost of living away from home. GCS pays wages and subsistence bi-weekly but the worker must be able to cover own expenses between/until scheduled pay days as pay advances are not available.
GCS offers great wages, benefits, and respect for every employee. Our progressive, team-focused company culture is something you will want to experience.
Send your resume, applicable training tickets, and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 780-888-2100. Visit www.gcsenergy.ca for more job postings and information. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.