ABOUT THE JOB:
Are you a “numbers person”? Do you find satisfaction in ensuring that all the financial details of a project are current and accounted for? Are able to take the cost details from several sources and make sense of it all? Can you take current totals and make projections to give “heads up” for costs that could be blowing the budget? If so, WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU! This position will work closely with other project personnel to perform monitoring and controlling of cost developments and deviations to ensure the cost objectives are aligned with the overall project estimates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop a clear understanding of the scope of work for the project to be able to:
- Perform data entry to maintain current/accurate project costs using existing templates and software.
- Perform follow-up with project personnel to ensure completeness of information and support documentation.
- Prepare project cost summary reports and graphs that inform project management of cost trends.
- Review change order tickets to ensure costs are within budgeted estimates prior to submission to client for approval.
- Prepare project documentation/information in preparation for invoicing by Accounts Receivable.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of civil construction and earthmoving practices in regard to typical industry reporting requirements for large and small projects.
- Experience in project scheduling, budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of project costs and progress.
- Prior accounting experience.
- Highly organized and able to keep several projects current and organized.
- Able to learn and accept instruction.
- Must be quality focused with strong attention to detail while being able to maintain a “whole project” perspective.
- Have strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Able to work extensively and easily “with numbers”.
- Must have proficient skills in Microsoft Excel including the ability to use charts, graphs, complex formulae, pivot tables, etc.
Have a look at the .PDF: Accepting Resumes – Project Controls