ABOUT THE JOB:
The Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for the management of all construction projects as directed. The CM ensures that the entire RFX package, clarifications, post bid comments, safety/quality plans and contract documents are reviewed prior to mobilization to the jobsite and oversees the Project Management Team (PMT).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets plans and contract terms to site supervision and other staff as required.
- Provide and/or approve contractor estimates to clients for extra work. Coordinate/oversee/provide all client and/or contractor communications referring to billing and contractual needs.
- Attend all internal project coordination meetings, client progress meetings and other meetings requiring senior management participation.
- Assist in scheduling the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Minimize company exposure and risk on project.
- Keep project management team (PMT) well informed of changes within the organization / project.
- Assist or conduct drawing takeoffs and estimate quantities.
- Establish and maintain the relationship between the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for the entire project scope and apply change management as required.
- Provide monthly cost reports, spend profiles, and other costs status reports to project stakeholders.
- Implement and maintain a change management procedure on each project to monitor and track costs and schedule trends or changes along with appropriate documentation and approvals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have civil project/construction management experience.
- Project Management certification is an asset
- Intermediate level experience with computer software including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, PDF
Get the .pdf here: Accepting Resumes – Construction Manager